This event was organised by the Paris Committee on Capacity Building (PCCB) and ecbi on 8 December 2018 in Katowice, Poland, during COP24. It showcased ideas for innovative, additional contributions to the funds of the UNFCCC Financial Mechanism and mechanisms to enhance their longer-term viability. Facilitated by Marzena Chodor, Co-Chair of the PCCB, the event was targeted at key stakeholders in the field of multilateral climate finance, including finance negotiators, representatives of relevant UNFCCC bodies, international financial institutions, NGOs, as well as independent experts.
Read our blog for more information.
(In alphabetical order)
• Achala Abeysinghe, Senior Strategic Adviser to the LDC Group spoke on "The LDC proposal for an International Air Passenger Adaptation Levy (IAPAL)".
• Mariam Jashi, President, Leading Group on Innovative Financing for Development discussed "Diversity of Innovative Financing Mechanisms for Development".
• Sean Kidney CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative addressed "Green Bonds".
• Kelley Kizzier, Independent Consultant, spoke on "Carbon Taxation for International Maritime Fuels".
• Benito Müller, University of Oxford, Director ecbi spoke on a "Western Climate Fund", and on "Corporate Air Passenger Solidarity Programme".
• Julie-Anne Richards, Adviser, Climate Damages Tax Coalition, discussed "Carbon Taxation for International Maritime Fuels".